Are you tired of paying rent month after month on a house that will never be yours? If so, you may be ready for our homeownership program.
How you qualify:
- You must have been receiving rental assistance through the Housing Choice Voucher Program for at least 12 consecutive months.
- You must have been employed for at least 12 months grossing $10,500 annually or a disabled family with stable income; and,
- You must have a reasonable credit score.
If you do, you could be eligible for this program. How does it work? We allow you to select the unit you wish to purchase, qualify you for a mortgage, and if approved by the lender, you become a homeowner. We will allow you to remain on the program for 15 years (longer for disabled families at the time of application), and we will assist you by paying a portion of your mortgage payment based on your income. All you have to do is complete annual re-certifications and provide updated proof of income.
Sound good? Just contact your case worker and ask if you qualify for the Homeownership Program by calling 304-475-4663.
USDA-RD/FAHE 502 Direct Loan Program
This program is designed to assist income/credit eligible families in Mingo, Logan, and Wayne Counties in becoming homeowners.
Eligibility Requirements include:
- Families must be under income guidelines
- You must have been employed for at least 12 months grossing $16,000 annually or a disabled family with stable income; and have a credit score of 640
*May be subject to change