The following items provide information on the processing of a contract for landlords:
- Contract is processed and mailed to the landlord (normally within 10 days)
- Effective date of the contract will be the 1st of the following month after the unit passes inspection
- Contract and lease need to be signed by the landlord/tenant and returned to the agency within 10 days
- Contract is good for one year and may be renewed after the first year on a month-to-month basis.
Below is a list of terms that may be helpful in understanding the contract process:
- Contract - a legal document between the landlord and HAMC (can be renewed yearly).
- Lease - a legal document between the landlord and family (can be renewed yearly).
- Recertification - annual certification
There is the ability to move assistance from one place to another if a family gives the notice to move after the first year of the contract.
A family cannot move during the first year of the contract without a written release from the landlord.