Inspections will be completed by the HAMC to ensure properties meet the Housing Quality Standards set by HUD.
The process for inspections is listed below:
- HAMC will notify the Landlord and Tenant by mail as to the day of the inspection.
- Landlord does not have to be present for the inspection.
- Inspector will do a rent reasonableness calculation.
- If a unit fails inspection, the Landlord and Tenant will receive a copy of the repairs needed.
- Landlord or Tenant must contact the agency when repairs are completed to schedule a re-inspection.