Skip to Main Content
Housing Authority of Mingo County Footer Logo

Selecting Tenants

The Housing Authority of Mingo County recommends the following when selecting tenants:

  • Always screen the tenant before allowing them to move in.
  • Always ask for references and police reports. 

HAMC is not responsible for any rent payment until the HAP (Housing Assistance Payments) contract has been executed between the Landlord and the HAMC.  If you allow a family to move into your unit, you must collect rent from them until the contract is signed.